Minnesota’s Rochester is proud to be the home of five out of 11 hotels in the state that have distinguished themselves as LGBTQ-friendly by earning a special designation awarded to hotels that support the LGBTQ community.
The five Rochester hotels that have earned a special TAG-approved designation awarded to LGBTQ-welcoming accommodations include:
- Kahler Grand
- Kahler Inn & Suites
- Marriott Rochester Mayo Clinic Area
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- The Towers at the Kahler Grand
TAG-approved hotels must meet these six qualifications:
- Enforce non-discriminatory policies including “sexual orientation.”
- Treat heterosexual and domestic partners equally in personnel policies.
- Provides LGBTQ diversity and sensitivity training for employees.
- Empower customers and employees to be “watchdogs” of its gay and lesbian business practices.
- Gives back to their community.
- Employs staff who reflect the diversity of their community.
More than 1,000 gay-friendly hotels worldwide have received the TAG approval.