- Events Calendar
- Arts & Culture
- Live Entertainment
- History & Heritage
- Day Trips
- Outdoor Adventure
- Attractions & Entertainment
- Farmers Markets
- Wineries & Breweries
- Kid Friendly
- Health, Fitness & Wellness
- What's New
- Hidden Gems Nearby
- Coronavirus Information
- 5 Things to Know
- Getting Here
- Getting Around
- Travel Planning Guide
- Traveling With Pets
- Weddings, Parties & Celebrations
- University of Minnesota Rochester
- Rochester MN App
University of Minnesota Rochester
The University of Minnesota Rochester (UMR) is located in University Square, in the heart of downtown Rochester, MN. The newest campus of the University of Minnesota system, UMR was established in 2006 and enrolls a maximum of 1,000 students. With more than 35 academic programs available in Rochester, UMR provides graduate and undergraduate degrees focusing in the areas of health sciences and biotechnology.
Why Rochester is a great place to be a student
If you are considering enrolling at UMR but are unfamiliar with "the best small city in America," consider:
* Our city is defined by a unique culture of caring and spirit of innovation that attracts compassionate and bright individuals as residents and visitors.
* Rochester, MN is located in southeastern Minnesota, in the heart of the United States’ Upper Midwest, and is easily accessible from other parts of the country.
* UMR’s campus in downtown Rochester, one block away from Mayo Clinic, is an ideal setting for students. Skyways and underground walkways connect the campus to dozens of restaurants, stores, and entertainment options.
Plan your visit
If you are a prospective student planning a visit to UMR, or if you’re visiting a current student at UMR:
* Search for a downtown hotel near the campus.
Enjoy your time in Rochester, MN – we hope you’re here for four years (or life)!