Join us for a slice of fun and mark your calendars for National Pizza Day February 9th!
Let’s start from scratch…
Pizza has a long history. Flatbreads with toppings were consumed by the ancient Egyptians, Romans and Greeks. (The latter ate a version with herbs and oil, similar to today’s focaccia.) But the modern birthplace of pizza is southwestern Italy's Campania region, home to the city of Naples.
Pasquale Presa from Pasquale's Neighborhood Pizzeria
No matter what kind you prefer, one of Rochester’s many local pizza restaurants has the right pizza pie for you:
- Carbones’s Pizzeria
- BB’s Pizzeria and BB’s Express
- Broadway Bar & Pizza
- Forager Brewery
- Mr. Pizza South
- North Mr. Pizza
- Pasquale's Neighborhood Pizzeria
- Pi Wood-Fired Pizza
- Rosati's Pizza
- Reid’s Detroit Style Pizza (located inside Workshop Food Hall)
- Tilda’s Pizzeria
- Zadeos Pizza
- $5 Pizza
Pi Pizza | AB-Photography.US
We’re not even trying to be cheesy. Maybe even on your way to get your favorite pizza you can listen to the Pizza Today Magazine podcast that talks about anything pizza:
These fun facts will only take a slice of your time:
- The United States eats 350 slices of pizza every second
- The most expensive pizza in the world costs $12,000
- The most popular pizza topping is pepperoni
- A pizza was delivered in space
- Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest day of the year for pizza delivery in the United States
This is history in the baking, and you do not want to miss National Pizza Day in Rochester, MN.
Now get out there and cheese the day!