- Tracks to the Future: The History of Trains in Rochester
- Presented By: History Center of Olmsted County
- Dates: August 26, 2021
- Location: History Center of Olmsted County
- Address: 1195 W Circle Drive, Rochester, MN 55902
- Phone: (507) 282-9447
- Time: 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Price: $5 non member, Free to all members
Stories about the advent of the railroad are nothing new, stories have been around for years. However, stories about how the railroad came to Olmsted County, Rochester, and the surrounding communities, little is written. As the Civil War raged on, plans were underway for the ‘new frontier’; the American West. Prior to the railroad, both the county and its assorted hamlets, including Rochester, were sparsely populated.
‘Tracks to the Future’ is an interactive Power-Point program about how the rail line came into being in Olmsted County during last four decades of the 19th Century.