- Bird Banding Program
- Presented By: Quarry Hill Nature Center
- Dates: March 3, 2019 - June 2, 2019
- Recurrence: Recurring monthly on the 1st Sunday
- Location: Quarry Hill Nature Center
- Address: 701 Silver Creek Road NE, Rochester, MN 55906
- Phone: (507) 328-3950
- Time: 1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
- Price: $2/adult, $1/child, free for members
- visit website
Experience the beauty of birds up close as you try your hand at trapping, netting, banding and releasing birds.The banding of birds in the United States is controlled under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and requires a U.S. Federal Bird Banding and Marking Permit. The center holds this federal permit and band birds for educational and research purposes.
Join a naturalist during these monthly programs to learn about bird characteristics, bird adaptations and the Federal Bird Banding Program. All ages are welcome, children must be accompanied by an adult.