- Anne George: Bite Down
- Dates: September 15, 2021 - December 12, 2021
- Recurrence: Recurring weekly on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
- Location: Rochester Art Center
- Address: 30 Civic Center Drive SE , Rochester, MN 55904
- Phone: (507) 282-8629
- Time: 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: $5 General $3 Senior and Military Free for those 21 and Under Free for Members
Anne George is a multidisciplinary artist whose medium includes paper, photography, artist books, video, sculpture and installation. She explores ideas of connection, disruption, fragility and tension in various forms and materials. Anne George is the recipient of a Jerome Foundation Emerging Artist Fellowship, a Jerome Foundations Book Arts Fellowship and a National Endowment for the Arts Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation Regional Fellowship. Her work is in the permanent collections of the Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Institute of Art. She currently resides in Winona.
This exhibition is funded through a 2021 Minnesota State Arts Board Creative Support for Individuals Grant and a 2021 Southeastern Minnesota Arts Council Artistic Support Grant.
This exhibition explores how materials, form and image can speak of vulnerability and strength. Incorporating found objects and diverse materials, paper is explored as subject and object for its skin-like physicality and its ability to be an active repository of place, time and touch. The resulting assemblages are part original and part ready-made.
Image: Crest 65” x 56”x 6” Various papers, zippers, tape, cardboard, photograph, adhesives 2021