"Let's Go Crazy" leading up to Prince's former band The Revolution's Riverside Concerts performance August 18! Grab your "Raspberry Beret," get in your "Little Red Corvette," and party like it's "1999" in downtown Rochester! Here are the Prince-inspired specials, events, and promotions to celebrate the Summer of Purple!
Cameo at the Castle Restaurant
- Cameo at the Castle is celebrating the Summer of Purple with a Purple Rain slushy: creme de cassis, lemon juice, blackberry, and gin.
- Dates: July 19 through August 18
- Create your own Purple Rain mobile – or anything you can dream up – with an expanded selection of purple materials at the art bar.
- Dates: July 15 through August 18
- We will be featuring a drink in our restaurant called "Purple Rain." This drink will consist of Ciroc Red Berry Vodka, Strawberry Schnapps, Champagne, blue curacao, grenadine and is served in a champagne flute. "There's always a rainbow at the end of every rain." -Prince
- Dates: August 1 through August 18
- Daube’s will be selling lemon cupcakes with a lavender buttercream. The decoration, in honor of Prince’s music, is a hand-crafted purple guitar. As always, our cakes and buttercreams are handmade, so if there is need for a large quantity, a pre-order may be necessary.
- Dates: August 6 through September 23
Grand Rounds Brewing Company
- For the Summer of Purple we took our flagship crisp and clean "Easy A MN Blonde Ale" and added a hint of purple coloring to it. Easy A is our lightest beer, in which you will find notes of sweet banana, honeysuckle, and cracker, with a slightly floral finish. We do add 30 pounds of local honey from The Bee Shed in Oronoco, Minnesota, as well. Cheers to the Summer of Purple!
- Dates: July 14 through August 18
- To celebrate the life and legacy of Prince and honor his fantastic sunglasses and fashion style, Huber Eyecare is offering 25% off anything purple. This promotion cannot be used with insurance and it excludes Maui Jim sunglasses.
- Dates: August 1 through August 31
- Lasker Jewelers will be featuring an exclusive Purple SOHO collection for the month of August. SOHO's unique collection of bold and contemporary bangles, earrings, and pendants fuses modern elegance with the ancient Etruscan art of enamel. Each SOHO creation is handcrafted in Italy and takes over a dozen master jewelers over 80 hours to create, ensuring the highest level of craftsmanship and attention to detail. Visit Lasker Jewelers to see this gorgeous exclusive color as well as the entire SOHO line.
- Dates: August 1 through August 30
- The Loop Rochester will be featuring a "Velvet Kitty Cat" cocktail named after one of Prince's famous songs. The cocktail is made with Stoli Raspberry, Soho Lychee Liqueur, Lemon Juice, Violette Syrup.
- Dates: August 1 through August 18
- Bow Wow Detectives® presents Purple-plexed, written and illustrated by Lisa Loucks-Christenson. Photo Trader™ 2-pack included with each in-store book purchase.
- Dates: August 15 through September 30
- Featuring a Purple Rain shake: Raspberry, strawberry, and blueberries added to our signature shake!
- Dates: August 1 through September 1
Rochester Farmers Market
- Summer of purple scavenger hunt at Rochester Farmers Markets! Visit our market info booth for a purple scavenger hunt checklist, walk around the market and look for everything purple. Find items that aren't always purple in the grocery store. Purple kohlrabi, kale, carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, cabbage...Come back to the market booth after finding at least 6 items on the list and get a sticker! We will also be sharing PURPLE recipes on our Facebook, Instagram, and blog!
- Dates: July 17 through August 31
Think Bank's Down by the Riverside Concert series comes to a close with the August 18th, 7pm performance of The Revolution. Visit Riverside Concerts to subscribe to updates and announcements related to the 2020 Down by the Riverside series. Posted with permission from Rochester Downtown Alliance.